Dubai Municipality Museum was established in 1957. It consisted of a ground floor which also included a few trade shops. Later on, an upper floor was added and was the meant for housing for traders. It is known as “wakalah” or “Khan”. The offices of the Dubai Municipality were moved to this building that same year and it remained as Municipality headquarters until 1964. Dubai Municipality administration then moved to a new building on Al Maktoum Road.
These sections represent a special platform that summarizes the history of Dubai Municipality through a variety of documents, publications, presentations, paintings and photos, such as: Publications and documents narrating the history of Dubai Municipality’s establishment, the names of Director Generals who have run the Municipality and the duration of their mandate Photographs of Dubai Municipality officials’ meetings and overseas conventions.
Hours: Sun – Thurs: 08:00 – 14:00 During the Holy month of Ramadan: 09:00 – 17:00 Fees: Free Museum Services: Free guided tours
Contact: Dubai Municipality Museum Deira Area, at the center of the old mall overlooking Dubai Creek Dubai – United Arab Emirates. Tel.: +971 4 225 3312 Fax: +971 4 225 1568 Web: www.dm.gov.ae
Photo courtesy: www.dm.gov.ae