Dubai Islamic Bank has the unique distinction of being the world’s first fully-fledged Islamic bank, a pioneering institution that has combined the best of traditional Islamic values with the technology and innovation that characterise the best of modern banking.
Since its formation in 1975, Dubai Islamic Bank has established itself as the undisputed leader in its field, setting the standards for others to follow as the trend towards Islamic banking gathers momentum in the Arab world and internationally.
lslamic banking and finance is today one of the world’s fastest-growing economic sectors that comprises of more than 400 institutions tasked with managing assets in excess of US$ 1 trillion globally.
Inspite of experiencing exceptional growth since its establishment in 1975, the Bank today remains true to its roots as a customer-centered organisation, where close personal service and honesty form the basis of all relationships. Tradition and heritage blend with a commitment to flexibility, innovation and modernity, so that every customer is provided with comprehensive solutions for any financial need.
In this context, the role of Dubai Islamic Bank is even more impressive.
Yet, the bank remains true to its roots as a customer-centred organisation where close personal service and understanding form the basis of all its relationships. Tradition and heritage join with a commitment to flexibility, innovation and modernity, so that customers of every nature are provided with comprehensive solutions to all their financial needs.
* Retail Banking :- Customers are always the top priority at DIB. That’s why the Retail Banking division offers a range of solution-driven and cost-effective products and services that cater for the different needs of individual clients, ensuring that the personal touch is more than just a name. With 30 years’ experience in Islamic banking to draw on, Dubai Islamic Bank has combined the highest ethical standards of Sharia’ah with state-of-the-art technology to provide a range of products that rank with the best in the world.
* Private Banking :– Al Islami Private Banking facility offers premium advice and solutions for wealthy individuals and families, recognising their unique needs for customised products and services. Al Islami Private Banking with DIB provides clients with powerful resources for preserving and growing their wealth through dedicated expertise and close personal attention, thus expanding their ability to reach critical financial objectives.
* Johara Banking :- “Recognising women’s needs for specialist banking services, Johara combines a comprehensive range of banking facilities with privileges such as shopping discounts and health and educational benefits. Johara offers a friendly and professional customer service to meet all banking and financial requirements. DIB’s first dedicated Johara branch was opened by in Jumeirah, Dubai, in 2003, followed by Abu Dhabi in 2004 and Sharjah in 2005. Johara services are now available in 10 branches across the UAE.
* Business Banking :- DIB has a wealth of knowledge and experience of the specialist finance needs of the business world. From short-term loans to ease cash-flow management, to financing property, import and export shipping, mergers and acquisitions, and the myriad requirements of the dynamic business environment, DIB promises fast decisions, speedy implementation, and competitive rates
* Corporate Banking :- The UAE business environment, one of the most dynamic in the world, is under impressive changes, innovation, and excitement. DIB, being one of the largest banks in the Middle East with extensive financial and physical infrastructure in the region and beyond, has taken a leading role in shaping the dramatic transformation that Dubai and the UAE has experienced over the past 30 years. This role is being played with a conscious approach which is based on customer focus, solution through product innovation and embracing modern technology to integrate customers with bank’s operations and to ensure faster turnaround time.
* Investment Banking :- The Investment Banking Group in Dubai Islamic Bank is a trusted provider of integrated capital markets and advisory solution to clients worldwide – working extensively relationship with corporations, financial institutions, governments and institutional investors in the Gulf Cooperative Council countries and beyond.
* Real Estate :- As the UAE’s leading provider of real estate finance, Dubai Islamic Bank plays a major role in supporting infrastructure and real estate developments, ranging from construction of road networks and bridges to commercial property, residential estates, and high-rise buildings. The bank has now consolidated its leadership by offering total banking and finance solutions that meet the emerging challenges in the real estate industry by establishing a new structure that includes Contracting Finance and Real Estate Finance.
* Sharia Board:- DIB’s Fatwa & Sharia’ah Supervision Board comprises reputable scholars with extensive experience in law, economics, and banking systems and specialising in law and finance as prescribed by Islamic Sharia’ah. The Board is appointed by the bank’s General Assembly and ranks above the Board of Directors. Its task is to supervise the development and production of innovative Sharia’ah-compliant investment and financing products. The Board is fully competent to issue fatwas in any matter proposed to it by different business units of the bank, and the Sharia’ah auditors ensure that these are carried out in all banking transactions. The presence of such expert Sharia’ah supervision at DIB is clear evidence of how Islamic banking is practised in letter and spirit, providing shareholders and customers with complete assurance that all dealings are free from riba (interest).
Dubai Islamic Bank PSJ
SWIFT (BIC): DUIBAEAD
P.O.Box 1080, Dubai – UAE.
Tel: +971 4 609 2222
Fax: +971 4 295 4111
View World Map in a larger map